Gus G. Talks About The Ozzy Deal!

Gus G. recently spoke to Metal Hammer (Greece) about getting the gig as Ozzy's new guitarist:

"I got a message on my MySpace page from Rob 'Blasko', Ozzy's bass player, asking me what was doing, if was living in America or not and saying that he wanted to talk to me. I never thought he'd want me for something like that [playing with Ozzy]. I initially thought that maybe he wanted to talk to me about doing a project or something and then he told me that one of Ozzfest's managers was looking for me. The manager said that they wanted me to fly out to Los Angeles immediately for a show that Ozzy was about to do in Anaheim, California."

He went on to talk about his first audition with The Ozz-Man group:

"I went to the studio and they asked me to start playing right away. I met Ozzy's band first — the bass player and the drummer — and we jammed for quite some time, just to 'feel' each other's playing. While we were playing, Ozzy showed up and started to sing the songs, thus giving a huge boost to the whole thing. When it ended, everybody else came into the room and shut the door behind them — Ozzy, Sharon [Osbourne, Ozzy's wife/manager], the band, the managers… You can imagine how anxious I was feeling at this time! Then they came out and said that I got the job and that we're gonna play that BlizzCon show together."

About Zakk Wylde:

"Zakk is a tremendous guitar player, just like all the guys that have played with Ozzy. In fact, Zakk is my favorite Ozzy guitar player ever and my biggest influence of them all! It's quite an honor for me to step into his shoes."

All in all Gus G. is one hell of a guitar player, and his adventures with Ozzy should be very interesting...

Here's a clip of Gus performing "I Dont Wanna Stop" with Ozzy for the first time, at Blizzcon 09:



Source: Blabbermouth

0 comments:

Post a Comment