Dååth - The Concealers [Review]
Band: DååthAlbum: The Concealers
Genre: Death Metal
Released: April 21st, 2009
Label: RoadRunner Records and Century Media
Producer: Jason Suecof
SHARPEN THE BLADES !!!
Dååth start off "The Concealers" with one of the fastest paced songs on the album, new front man Sean.Z delivers the goods indeed, while Jeremy Creamer lays some fucking chunky bass lines. Off course the song will not go anywhere without Emil and Eyal's monstrous guitar work, did I mention Kevin Talley's signature technicality blowing this track outta planet earth! Oh yea and I was only talking about the opening track.
Before I go on with this review I'd like to point something out to old school fans, and elitist douche bags that think its cool to criticize any band trying to bring in a new sound. Actually I'd like to quote AltSounds' review:
"The album on the whole is a contender for fans of this style to get into, if you’re not a fan by now chances are this isn’t going to convert you to the Dååth religion but if you’re willing to strap yourself in for the ride you’ll be pleasantly surprised!"
This sums up what I'd like to say to every idiot that decides not to listen to Dååth because they are "Modern" or "Hot Topic" metal, Get Over It!
Ok so the guys decided to drop the 13 songs into 13 albums idea, and release a 11 track album, dealing with alot of topics (self corruption, destruction, etc) does the album kick ass? bet your ass it does!
Obviously with the departure of Mike Kameron alot where curious about the industrial edge the band utilized on their previous album "The Hinderers" well there isnt much industrial elements on the album, its more death metal this time around.
"Self-Corruption Manifesto" has the band pushing it to full force, with a haunting riff, only to culminate into a dark atmospheric bridge, that blows the song out of all proportions with the second haunting riff on the song, followed by a sting-like solo that will give you the sense of being on the edge of it all, and just not giving a fuck.
I gotta give props to Emil and Eyal for their tremendously amazing job on the album, the guys pour out riffs that kill, one after the other.
Want a new take on some classic death metal formulas? listen to "The Worthless" and "Wilting On The Vine". Wilting has one hell of a riff.
The samples are still present but to a much lesser extent then previous releases. "Of Poised Sorrows" has some of the trippiest samples to tag along with the guitars. "Duststorm" is a great interlude.
One thing I dont get why arent people mentioning "Incestuous Amplification" its like a medley of all the ass kicking parts on the album put together for one final brutal head bang to wave goodbye to the listener.
In conclusion: There is alot to say about this record but I also dont want to ruin the ride for you, so strap on a pair and listen to the album, if you liked previous Dååth releases and want a more straight forward death metal release with a progressive edge to it, then "The Concealers" is an album worthy of your money and time. The band has a perfect line-up that I look forward to more releases from.
I give "The Concealers" a 8/10










1 comments:
SHARPEEEN THE BLAAAAADES!
Post a Comment